Not sync on WAN

Dear friends, I’m new to Syncthing and I use it on my Lan to sync my laptop with my desktop pc. Everything works great. When I am outside the lan and connect with my laptop to the internet, the files won’t sync. I need to came back to my LAN and then it sync.

What is the problem?

Thank you very much!

Ilan.

Usually, https://docs.syncthing.net/users/firewall.html#firewall-setup

(There’s also rather a lot of threads about this on this forum, searching for “disconnected” or “connect” will probably bring up a couple of discussions with helpful hints.)

Dear Jakov, Thank you for your answer. I have a upnp router and before I already did port forwarding manually. This also didn’t help.

That is the reason I ask this question.

Did you forward the same external port to the same internal port? Also, are you sure you forwarded the correct port?

I suggest you test your port forwarding works. Alternatively, syncthing should be able to connect via a relay, do you have them enabled?

Dear Audrius, I have DMZ also on my router. I tried to understand the relay thing and I’m a bit lost…

Well, if you have DMZ enabled then I don’t see the reasom for port forwarding, if which case it’s probably your firewall.

I have DMZ, I did port forwarding because I believed that something happened and also the router has UPnP. Where can I find information about the relay for humans like me? (not so technical)

Docs.syncthing.net, they should just work out of the box.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.