no device has the required version of this file

Hi, I have been using syncthing for a few days but got into a bit of a problem.

I am getting this error when is start syncthing: [M3VJC] 21:15:53 INFO: Puller (folder "Games" (zypmz-h6vuo), file ".sync\\ID"): no connected device has the required version of this file [M3VJC] 21:15:53 INFO: Puller (folder "Games" (zypmz-h6vuo), file "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\\datapc64_merged_bnk_textures0.forge"): no connected device has the required version of this file [M3VJC] 21:15:53 INFO: Puller (folder "Games" (zypmz-h6vuo), file "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\\datapc64_merged_bnk_textures2.forge"): no connected device has the required version of this file [M3VJC] 21:15:53 INFO: Puller (folder "Games" (zypmz-h6vuo), file "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\\datapc64_merged_bnk_textures3.forge"): no connected device has the required version of this file [M3VJC] 21:15:53 INFO: Puller (folder "Games" (zypmz-h6vuo), file "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\\datapc64_merged_bnk_textures1.forge"): no connected device has the required version of this file [M3VJC] 21:16:05 INFO: Detected 0 NAT services

Which is I think causing syncthing not to sync anything.

I am transferring large files from one folder in computer A over the internet to computer B.

is there a setting I can do to ignore the “versions” and just use the ones on computer A. The transfer is one to one. That is computer A (send only) -> internet ->computer B (receive only).

I had checked this topic:no connected device has the required version of this file but it didn’t help my cause much.

That’s not true: Syncthing will always keep syncing, even if some files fail.

Does this imply a transfer is in progress? Then the error might just go away once the operation finishes. If it doesn’t: Do you have a device which is currently disconnected? Then that device probably has the required version and connecting it is the solution. If none of this helps, please post screenshots.

Yes it does imply that a transfer is in progress, but no actual syncing is happening.

here are some screen shots: Computer A: Send only

Computer B: receive only

and the Out of Sync items in Computer B

the out of sync items are the ones that in the log said, “no connected device has…” so maybe it has something to do with that. I’m open to any suggestions

Those message should just be transitional, otherwise you’d have failed items indicated in the web UI with those messages. You could go to actions->logs and enable the model debug facility - that should yield some, potentially a flood of messages.

2019-04-30 22:43:39 Enabled debug data for "model"
2019-04-30 22:45:06 Joined relay relay://80.37.181.230:22067

That’s what I get, sadly not much to go on.

That’s indeed not much to go on. If there’s still nothing and no progress, try pausing and unpausing, that must result in more logging.

2019-04-30 22:47:00 receiveonly/zypmz-h6vuo@0xc0000d4dc0 need file Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\datapc64_merged_bnk_textures1.forge; copy 172, reused 989

I got this a few minutes later. I also apologize if its irrelevant to the issue.

It’s not irrelevant, it shows that indeed everything is working as it should, it is syncing and the only thing needed is some patience :wink:

I’m very interested on what happened, after the patience, because I have similar behaviour with my syncthing’s.

Could you please share infos on the similar behaviour?

I’d love to, but I don’t have the patiance, nor the brain or time to sum up all the infos. So I just hope someone else will have similar issues and post them. When time comes, I’ll open a new thread, refering to this one.

Well, sadly it didn’t improve . I ended up deleting temporary sync data and starting again. but midway I got slow speeds.

I resulted in ditching syncthing and used a combination of Internet Download Manager and a XAMPP server to download the remaining files.

Don’t get me wrong I love syncthing, but it needs a little tiny bit more refinement for the noobs like me.

What - no progress at all? I mean your files were huge, so I’d expect it to take some time initially, but it definitely should work.

I see this all the time. A fresh new sync and it will go like the clappers, but over time the sync gets slower as more files are synced. More files, eg, 5m+ and it’s barely registering bps and I have 28 folders coming in from 11 separate offices which I know are still around 1.4Tb to go. So it’s not down to say slow internet / relay at a specific location. It doesn’t help that it feels the need to scan all the time, I have mine set to 10 days and the built in scan will stop any progress as it just gets going with some decent speed and then it either has a panic attack (what ever that is) or does a rescan.

My receive only folder is an offsite backup where nothing, human or system has any dealings with the syncthing folder, only syncing, yet it reports the file is modified locally.

My feeling it that Syncthing is great for small syncs, but it doesn’t seem to scale well.

1 Like

It didn’t show any progress. I waited for like an hour before moving to other file transfer options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.