New package for Synology NAS

If you want to add again…

Why should I add a group that was used with Syncthing Community build that I have uninstalled and don’t use it anymore? If I create that group again will it solve the issue that music files being added by Kastelo’s Syncthing are not automatically indexed?

No, I see that independently. That is certainly not necessary. You can also only work with the user, that has no disadvantage. It was just a suggestion for completeness.

I wanted to switch from SynoCommunity to Kastelo, but after adding the Package Sources and the certificate, the “Community” tab stays empty.

First check adress again. Maybe logging out of the DSM and logging back in or rebooting the server helps.

I have the same issue. Adding https://synology.kastelo.net/ to package sources – the Community tab is empty. Restarting doesn’t help.

For that check the right setting:

DSM > package center > settings > tab general > below left “trust level” is activated

Normally you see after the package in the Community section as “Syncthing” from Syncthing Community from Kastelo. This part is not described in the instruction

https://docs.kastelo.net/synology/installing/

Well, I have the same problems. Added the repository, set the “trusted level” to all and rebooted the server. Still empty.

Running a DSM420+ (GeminiLake architecture)

Sometimes I have the same effect, also without changes. Sometimes the package center is offline or very busy. Then wait and see. If you can not solve that, contact the Synology support.

Maybe check your settings regarding Network Gateway, correct Systemtime, enabled Firewall etc.

Tried for 3 days without a result. I can install other packages. Now I am using a new model Synology NAS with a new architecture: GeminiLake. Could that be the reason?

I was using Resilio Sync, and I know that they had to build a new package for my architecture.

So I think it´s platform related, also Resilio have up to now no package for that.

Yes, they have a package (I received it two days ago), but they must make it available on their website (they are working on it).

Unfortunately there is obviously no way to download the ready Syncthing SPK manually, unless we get a message from the forum.

In the files on github I found some code, it seems so, that the platform is related to linux-amd64, linux-386, armv8, armv7, but in which way is related to the processor name, is open

It looks like the current package scripts don’t map “geminilake” to any more generic family, so it won’t load for example the x86_64 package which is available. I don’t publish specific packages for all the odd subfamilies, so that’s likely why it doesn’t show up.

Well, “Geminilake” is present in the brandnew DS220+, DS420+, DS720+ and DS920+ models and will be getting very popular down the road (Intel Celeron J4025/J4125). It would be nice if Syncthing would support this family.

I can confirm that the models DS220+, DS420+, DS720+ and DS920+ will all be very popular models, just like the current models DS218+ (Apollolake), DS415+ (Avoton), DS718+ (Apollolake), DS918+ (Apollolake) are already very popular. The follower DS220+, DS420+, DS720+ and DS920+ have a new platform (Geminilake).

2 Likes

They can be infinitely popular but until Synology themselves classify them as compatible with x86_64 they won’t be able to load those packages.

I dont understand that. All my Synology´s are in that family

DS1815+ (Avoton)
DS415+ (Avoton)
DS412+ (Cedarview)

x86 | bromolow | cedarview | avoton | braswell | broadwell | dockerx64 | kvmx64 | grantley | denverton | apollolake | broadwellnk) family="x86_64"

and Syncthing is loadable and running very well on all that. All above new models are also 64-bit systems and it seems they are in the same family

Yes. Your systems are in the x86_64 family. Gemini lake is not on that list, and hence don’t consider themselves in the “x86_64 family”, hence don’t load that package.

I added a hack to the package server to maybe serve packages to geminilake machines anyway. May or may not work.

I have no idea why Synology plays silly games with architecture names. These are all x86-64 systems and should just roll with that. :man_shrugging:

I hope this message means a turning point:

" |### Yves Martin notifications@github.com|wo 29 jul. 22:24 (14 uur geleden)||![](

|aan SynoCommunity/spksrc, mij, Comment

Server publish process is now fixed. Packages for geminilake architecture should already be visible like dnscrypt-proxy, minio, git… others are coming in following days."