A year ago, Davide Imbriaco released an alternative Android app. That app had some great potential, but unfortunately, he stopped updating it some time this year. So I went ahead and forked the project, in order to work on it myself.
For the Android app, I basically did a complete rewrite, to improve the interface and code. I also converted the entire project to Kotlin.
For the library, I did some minor changes, like better exception handling and improved code formatting. I also fixed a problem that made the initial app start extremely slow.
There are still many things that should be fixed or improved, especially in the Syncthing protocol implementation. For example, it does not support delta index updates, and some methods of connecting to other devices. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the Syncthing protocol, so it would be great if others could contribute here.
Direct apk Download (the app is not on F-Droid yet)