Moving to syncthing-gtk from raw synthing question

Hi all,

I have been running syncthing for a couple of months but rescanning takes too long so I considered moving to syncthing-gtk that seems to include inotify. My question is two-fold:

a) Does syncthing-gtk include installation as a service?. I have been looking for it but no luck. I had to move to synctrayzor in order to easily run syncthing as service. But I have just installed gtk and it does not work…

b) How does syncthing-gtl + inotify handle network outages (or software failures)?. I mean, imagine any of the components fail to detect a node change (inotiy is down for whatever reason)… and I save file changes on node A. Then inotify comes back to life… is this file change detected?, how? (some can of rescanning on startup?).

I am basically willong to move to a faster alternative as first syncthing startup and connection takes too long.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Hi Jose

Syncthing still has to do an initial scan on start up. Moving to Syncthing-gtk will not change this.

When I notify is active the scheduled scans are postponed but not stopped entirely. So the scenario of changes you describe should be picked up eventually.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.