Moving files inside synced folder create conflicts and pauses puller

Hi I have a folder (Movies) in sync between two nodes. One node, A, is master of the folder. When i move a subfolder of Movies on Node A to a different path inside Movies folder, on Node B the folder appears on the new path, but the original folder on Node B is not removed as one of the files there is marked as conflicting.

Folder is moved with linux mv command.

As no files have been modified, there should not be any conflict, however file is labeled as conflicted, directory is not empty and puller is stopped in NodeB for this folder.

To be more specific Node A: Synology NAS Folder: Movies, master in /vol1/movies Subfolder: /vol1/movies/cartoons/James New Subfolder: /vol1/movies/kids/James

what i do is simply on Node A mv /vol1/movies/cartoons/James/ /vol1/movies/kids/

on Node B, after rescan, what happens is (Node B paths are /vol1/movies/kids/James is created content of /vol1/movies/cartoons/James is copied (not moved) one or more files on /vol1/movies/cartoons/James are renamed in that folder as sync-conflict-date-time

Node B Log shows WARNING: Folder “Movies” isn’t making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s. INFO: Puller (folder “Movies”, dir “cartoons/James”): delete: remove /vol1/movies/cartoons/James: directory not empty

inside that folder, as mentioned, there is one file labeled James.sync-conflict-20150704-110053.avi

Is this a expected behavior? Is there a way to force Node B to delete the directory and not label the file as conflicting? there is no conflict at all.

I’m seeing the same thing. I renamed a directory on a linux node and now one of my MacOS nodes is showing conflicts. “Folder $foldername isn’t making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s.”

Probably worth an issue on github, with clear steps of reproduction.