Master folder in Android blinking red/blue when out of sync

Hello,

First, thank you for Syncthing. Its really, really, awesome.

Second, I will try to give as much info as possible about my problem:

My setup

I’m running latest Syncthing Android version (0.13.0) on my (stock, encrypted and non rooted) Nexus 5 and I have two shared folders:

• …/…path-to-internal-memory…/; called “Nexus5Backup”
  • …/…path-to-internal-memory…/Syncthing/MobileShared; called “MobileShared”

First folder uses .stignore file to sync only a few folders. And it works as it should. This is a Master Folder. Second folder just syncs “MobileShared” folder, no special settings.

The first folder is the one that give me problems. Is shared with only one peer, my backup server. It is a Linux server running Syncthing 0.13.1. The “Nexus5Backup” folder at my server has the flag “ignoreDelete”, so I can delete pictures/videos/something from mobile and still have a copy at my server. This is the main feature I need. “Nexus5Backup” at the mobile is a MasterFolder, so if I delete, modify or add something in the server, the mobile never changes.

Activity in the folder This is what I did:

• Folder created on both peers. Synced.
  • On the server, pasted old-backups on the folder to have everything in one place.
  • At the mobile, as expected, folder went out of sync (its ok).
  • Problem starts.

My problem

After some time with syncthing running on the mobile, Sycthing starts draining my battery. I can see in the GUI the “Nexus5Backup” status icon blinking blue-red-blue-red. If I expand the folder, the red “Override Changes” button also blinks “hidden-showing-hidden-showing”.

Crying time

And that is my problem… Any ideas? This setup used to work a few weeks ago, but I had to re-create the folder, but just for a mistake moving files.

**Thank you very much!**

Check the logs.

Syncthing log:

--------- beginning of main
--------- beginning of crash

Android log:

Pastebin link

I hope I have anonymised correctly… :P.

Thank you so much!!

P.S.: I had to remove the auto-link because “new users can only put one link in a post”

So there is no syncthing log, so not much to look at. Override changes is expected, and I am not sure what you mean by the red blue red blue business.

@AudriusButkevicius: I think @dkeso means the colored dot that is shown on small screens instead of status text like “syncing”. So blue dot (syncing) and red dot (out of sync?) change often

Sounds like some files are failing to sync. Blue = syncing, red = failed. Cycling between the two = retries.

@uok yes, thats it.

I would like to test more things, but yesterday it stopped failing, so I can’t. Now all is working as expected. I will post new info if the but starts again.

Thank you very much to all of you! :slight_smile: