Linux Mint: Crashing/black screen when syncthing...

I’m new to Linux but have Syncthing running on about 15-20 Pcs and Macs. I’ve got it installed on Linux and about 50% synced, but now the computer keeps crashing (black screen which needs necessitates full computer restart) during the sync process. Perhaps there is a corrupt file it’s trying to sync that the other machines don’t have a problem syncthing? I’m not sure how to track down the problem as I don’t know where Linux logs are located. Can anyone help me track down the issue? Thanks, Brian

You most likely have a hardware failure and should troubleshoot this like any other unrelated to Syncthing.

It happened when I tried using Elementary Linux also, on a different hard drive. Both hard drives were 100% wiped before installing. The computer runs Windows with Syncthing without issue (and has for years).

What you are saying is that when you run Linux on this computer, and stress it a bit with some I/O and CPU, Linux crashes. Syncthing has no functionality to cause black screen and operating system crashes, so this is an operating system or hardware issue.

Got it, thank you Jakob!

1 Like

Looks like problem ended up being a bad power supply. Replaced and then sync finished with no problems. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.