Is there an equivalent of .stignore but synced between nodes by default?

Well, it’s a self contained idea that could be implemented. It interacts usefully with the just-merged default ignore patterns. (Personally I’m not excited about the whole thing where the other side updates my ignore patterns, but each to their own.)

2 Likes

(Personally I’m not excited about the whole thing where the other side updates my ignore patterns, but each to their own.)

well, that does lead into another idea i had, actually.

something like (?r)filename and (?s)filename could flag individual files or patterns within a send/receive folder to be receive/send only so that they either can’t be be updated by remotely modified versions or that local changes will always be overwritten by remote versions.

Well the last suggestions from junkhacker seem fine to solve my problem with not syncing part of my folders to specific nodes, without counting on them to install specific ignore rules on their machine

A simple feature like “make him sync this ignore file first and include it upon accepting this sync” + “don’t sync if he isn’t including this ignore file” would help a lot