Is anyone using syncthing on the new Raspberry Pi 2?

I’d love to know how you are all getting speeds that fast with Syncthing… I have it running on a Dell PowerEdge R720 with an Xeon E5-2600 and 64GB DDR4 ECC on a 1Gbit port and never gone over 25Mb/s

I’m still waiting for my Raspberry Pi 2 to arrive but I think the best way to test the Raspberry or a Computer is to eliminate the hard dive and create a ram disk on both devices so that you can fully see what other limitations there are.

I would also test the speed with compression on and off because I have a feeling that with high speed connections the compression use too much CPU power but I will see when I am running my tests

I am very happily using syncthing with the new Rp2. It runs smoothly.

Has anyone tried syncthing on the raspberry pi 3? Does it run well?

I’d also like to know how it performs on a RPi 3.

I run it on Raspberry Pi 3. It works quite good.

The top CPU utilization peak I saw was ~18% for a moment or too. Usually, it tops to ~0.7-1%.

What is the average Transfer-Rate with an RPI3?

~2.5 Mib/s on local WLAN. External connections are limited by my ISP (I have ADSL connection, which has quite slow upload speed).

2.5Mib/s seems quite slow (around 320kB/s)… Was expect higher transfer speeds.

I’m sure he means 2.5 MB/s, because even the Raspberry Pi B+ gets 600 - 700 KB/s.

Sure I meant MiBytes/s, sorry for misspelling. Just measured by syncing a big movie file, download/upload speed is around 2.5–3 MiB/s on WLAN.

@kstep, as you’re probably aware, the Rpi3 suffers from over-heating problems. I wonder what kind of temperatures do you get with Syncthing? Do you’ve a case? Active cooling?

Thx in advance for all the info :smiley:

My RPi3 is usually ~44°C, ~50°C max. I use DIY «active cooling» with an old CPU cooler fan, which just lies on top of RPi’s case (which has a lot of holes). I thought about adding a heatsink to make it cooler, but for now, it’s good enough for me.

@Kstep, do you use an external HDD for syncthing?

Some folders are on external HDD (like photos and movies), and some folders are on SD-card (smaller files for quick exchange).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.