Installing on Ubuntu, unable to save settings from GUI...

Can’t figure out what the trouble is. The DANGER notification won’t go away no matter how many times I try to set the configuration in the GUI, and the IP address and other data doesn’t seem to be written to the file.

What I did:

Created a new user and group in Ubuntu name syncthing with group syncthing. Installed syncthing using apt-get install syncthing as sudo user. Enabled /lib/systemd/system/syncthing@.service by entering:

systemctl enable /lib/systemd/system/syncthing@syncthing.service

Started syncthing.

Pointed browser to 192.168.1.100:8384. The interface popped up with a DANGER notification. I entered the requested information and restarted the service. The information was not retained.

I checked the /home/syncthing user folder for .config and the config.xml file is in there and syncthing:syncthing has read/write permissions to that file.

I feel like I missed a step somewhere, but did I?

It must have been a permissions thing. I figured it out.

I purged syncthing as the root user, deleted the syncthing user from the system, re-added the syncthing user, THEN…added that user to the Sudoer’s group, THEN installed syncthing using the syncthing user, configured the systemctl and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.