inotify limit handler error, again

I thought I had this behind me, but it’s back again. I am running Syncthing on a WD NAS with a linux distro of some type. The help link said " it is preferred to write this line into a separate file". Excuse my inexperience, but do I create a new file including the code, or add it to an existing configuration? I think that’s my problem: I can ssh into the NAS and run “echo “fs.inotify.max_user_watches=204800” | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.d/90-override.conf”, but it isn’t sticking on a reboot. What file should it be wrote to?

This is a WD NAS question as it pertains to how their operating system works, which is likely different than “stock” Linux distributions. Maybe someone here still knows, maybe not.

Syncthing says it is 1.11.1 Linux (ARM) if that helps anyone. I haven’t been able to find out much on the WD end. I haven’t been able to find out if Syncthing will even run on their new OS 5 that the NAS is “wanting” to upgrade to. Thank you for your reply.

Synology NAS has a similar problem that entries do not remain after a reboot. Therefore I have stored the corresponding command in the Synology “Task Scheduler”, in which user commands and scripts can be stored. The related script for that is done at boot.

In the case of the WD NAS, I would do the same, to run that command on boot.

Maybe you send the type of WD NAS and any information which Linux base that use.

It is a MyCloudEX2Ultra which is running 1.11.1 Linux (ARM) according to Syncthing.
It must be on version 4 firmware since it wants to upgrade to v 5.

I will wait and see if anyone has any more suggestions before I try to store it in a config file.

Thanks for the help.

Im not experienced enough which distri is used for your WD. The version you wrote is not the version of the OS, is the version of your current Syncthing Installation, now v1.11.1 which is the current stabile.

Maybe use WD forum to look about informations to implement a individual script which is used in the boot sequence of the NAS.

In which way you have installed Syncthing?

1 Like

Sorry about that, my linux ignorance is running over. I should have caught the syncthing version number.

I have searched exhaustively for the version they run on the MyCloudEX2Ultra, but didn’t find it. I searched through the release notes for version 3, after I finally found them, and they gave version updates for everything but linux. One place it says they fixed a dirty cow vulnerability (CVE-2016-5195).

The release notes said that the new version 5 is upgraded to linux kernel 4.14.22 based on Debian 10 “Buster”, but mine is still on version 3, and I can’t find out what it is.

Thanks for the help, jts

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.