I’m fairly new to creating bug/issue reports, so let me know if I need to do anything differently.
I set my Music folder as “Send & Receive” on my laptop and desktop, and receive only on the microSD card on my Android phone like:
When I change a file, for example of I were to take “meow.mp3” and change the artist from “My Cat” to “Your Cat” via tag, the new file is uploaded but the old was is named “.sync-conflict-XYZ”
It doesn’t seem to happen all the time, but becomes especially apparent when all the files from a folder are removed, here’s a snippet from an old log file:
INFO: Puller (folder "Music" (*****-*****), file "Kevin Rose/The Kevin Rose Show"): delete dir: directory is not empty
I tried adding this to the ignore file with no change:
I have tried rebuilding my database, resetting the delta indexes, and removing all Syncthing related files and doing a complete rescan, but nothing seems to change it.
My youtube-dl files in a directory next to it on my SD card seem to sync fine, but I do remember having a similar issue with it that I cannot reproduce.
Also, my desktop seems to report a seemingly random sync percentage for the device, despite the files being synced over:
My Android just goes between “Scanning” and “Out of Sync”
Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I posted this on the Github page originally thinking it was a bug (I really thought it was ), but was told to post it here
Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist with this, Syncthing has simplified my life a lot and I’d love to help if I can.
### Version Information App Version: 1.0.1 (currently using Syncthing-Fork by catfriend, but this issue stands with the original Android version on F-Droid. Syncthing Version: v8.0.0 Android Version: Android 8.0.0 (tested on Samsung Galax S5 and LG G6