Ignore .plist files from syncing

Hello, I use Syncthing on my MacBook, and Android phone to synchronise files between both devices.

I would be grateful if someone could advise how I can ignore (not sync) .plist files which are currently syncing, as they are present in the folders I sync. I have read the Syncthing documentation on ignoring files, but am struggling to understand the prefixes I need to use in the .stignore file. For information, I have a top level folder, then several sub folders. Each one of the sub folders contain files I which to sync and .plist files I do not want to sync. Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to use:

Asterisk (*) matches zero or more characters in a filename, but does not match the directory separator. te*ne matches telephone, subdir/telephone but not tele/phone

Combining this with your request, you could try adding;

*.plist

As a slight side-note: Although it shouldn’t affect too much in that area, always make sure to have back-ups or try it out in a test-folder before fiddling too much with such configurations :slight_smile:

Thank you, for the suggestion. When back at my Mac, I will try this out and report back

Unfortunately, placing *.plist in the Ignore Patterns text box (web GUI) did not remove the .plist files from the various sub directories. Is there anything else I can try? Thank you.

Ignoring files doesn’t remove them; it just ignores them.

Ah, sorry. So, I need to remove them from the Android device, then sync again? I tried this, and the .plist files were not synced again :slight_smile: Please can you advise me how to exclude a sub-directory from sync? Thank you very much for your help.

The same way, you put its name in the ignore file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.