Ignore .Config for home dir

Hi,

What is the best solution to ignore “.config” from sync. My users use Windows and “%user%/.config” path is sync with their path on nas side (home/%user%/path named with same name as Windows) and always sync ldb file, log and so on…

What is the best solution to avoid this conflict ? Use an ignore pattern on both side. Or change configuration location of syncthing ?

Thanks in advance.

You’ll have less weird side effects if you move the config somewhere where it’s not being synced.

Thanks for your response ! Is it possible to move this config after syncthing is installed ? If yes, can you describe how to do this ?

You just move the contents of the directory and specify a new path using -home argument when you start syncthing.

I really appreciate your help !

But syncthing is run with an OpenMediaVault plugin and HomeDir is taken in an init.d script and correspond to each user homedir set in etc/passwd :frowning:

How can I override this behaviour ?

If just changing the init script is not an option, you may need to check with the OpenMediaVault developers who put together the plugin in question.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.