How To Share Db w/ Relative Paths

It might differ in non-obviously visible ways due to how APIs return things – like whether times are reported with nanosecond or microsecond precision. Timestamps in the log above seem to have fake data past the milliseconds:

ModTime:2018-05-14 15:25:36.502340243
ModTime:2018-05-14 15:25:36.682340243
ModTime:2018-05-14 15:25:36.886340243

(Having identical micro- and nanosecond parts on several files seems unlikely, yet they’re nonzero so some API somewhere returned those bits.) Setting a one second modification time window migh help.

1 Like

Good eye!!

I just did a check of the logs produced by OS, it looks like Linux produces those timestamps where past the thousandths place it’s always the same, whereas on Windows it’s different all the way to the end.

When you say “setting a one second modification time window,” I assume you mean Advanced->Defaults->Default Folder->Mod Time Window?

(Will that apply to all existing folders, or only to new ones - so I need to change it for each folder)?

Also, are fractions OK - i.e. I could do 0.5 or 0.1?

1 Like

Nm, answered my own question:

Fractions don’t work (cause errors). But putting “1” fixed the issue!! Thanks so much for the quick turnaround :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.