How to Move from BitTorrent Sync to Syncthing - FAQ

@davidicus it looks like Syncthing will (most likely) eventually have the feature you’re looking for, but it’ll be a while before it’s available.

@wweich that looks like a good solution to backup from Android to NAS, and the NAS can watch that folder with Syncthing, and share that folder back to the PC as well. So photos and data from Android can be available on the PC as needed, but deleted from Android when needed, and still be kept on NAS & PC.

yeah, foldersync looks great. going to try it out. thanks for the heads up. with luck, i’ll find out when Syncthing has the features so i can migrate. thanks all!

I switched from btsync, which i was running on my raspberry pi. My main purpose for syncthing is to keep a keepass password database synced between my laptop(kbuntu), my phone, and my tablet(both android). I got everything up and running, got all the devices connected, however when i added a new entry to keepass and it tried to sync to my raspi it would not write the new file. I got a permission denied error. I’m sure someone has run into a similar issue, but I can’t get it working right, nor could i find an answer that helped fix my particular problem. THanks.