How to debug disappearing Syncthing process

On a Windows 10 system, the Syncthing process is periodically disappearing (i.e., the web interface at 127.0.0.1 is no longer available).

I am starting Syncthing through the Task scheduler. I have tried to start it on log-in as well as on boot, but in both cases the problem is the same.

What is the best way to debug this? Is there a way to tell Syncthing to write a log somewhere? Or to enable the “History” tab in the Task Scheduler (it currently says “History is disabled” and I don’t see a way to change it).

Please check https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11013132/how-can-i-enable-the-windows-server-task-scheduler-history-recording for how to enable history in Task Scheduler.

If you have been running Syncthing without any special configuration, the log files should be saved in the default home path, which is probably something like C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Syncthing. If the AppData folder is not visible, then you may need to set Windows Explorer to show both hidden and protected system files first.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.