How can I activate this feature?

When I am using my laptop this notification pops up once syncing is finished and it is really helpful. However, when I am syncing on my desktop this notification isn’t showing up even when the syncing is done. I want to know how to navigate the settings for me to activate that finished pop-up notification. Please help.

That is a setting of the SyncTrayzor app, not Syncthing itself. Are you using SyncTrayzor on the PC and laptop?

If so, it is found in SyncTrayzor’s settings dialog on the first page, second block. Sorry I don’t have an appropriate screenshot at hand right now.

im having an idea that maybe my pc and laptop have different window versions, with that being said can you suggest a way for me to accurately know if the folders were truly synced or not, im always having trust issues, i want assurance, usually the file that i am syncing is a very important data and if not properly done it could cause me huge financial damage, my best assurance that the folder were truly synced is when i view the folder’s size (meaning if folder A has the same file size with folder B then they are synced) the problem is it was such an effort, i could also load the synctrazor app and see if they are synced again it was an additional step haha. i am just wondering if there is more efficient way

Sorry, what exactly is your question?

Comparing folder sizes in Windows Explorer should work fine. And Syncthing will tell you the global and local sizes in file / folder counts and in bytes, if you want to cross-check that.

Note that although great care is taken by the developers to make sure Syncthing doesn’t eat your data, it is only a synchronization tool. It especially doesn’t replace a proper backup strategy, because any wrongful modification to a file (even deletion) on one device is simply replicated to the others. If you want to be sure, make regular copies of your data outside the synced folders. And to verify correctness, use a tool that will generate checksums / digests (MD5, SHA, or whatever) and store those separately in a text file for later verification. Or use a proper backup tool such as Borg backup that will cryptographically validate your backups and can detect or repair any unintended file damage.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.