help with missing files

We are in a small office working with syncthing for about 1 year and the last months we are detecting that some files are dissapeareing (deletes).

I have a device as a server and from here we give the permission to other devices.

I have change all folders settings to quip deleting files and folders in stversions but I need to know what is happening to try to solve this problem because sometimes we work at home and the device_server is in the office.

I would like to identificate which device has delete a file to have a bit more information to solve this issue. I suspect that this can be cause from the devices that are abroad but not sure why.

I have try syncthingTray but this don’t give me enough information.

Is there a way of recording all the traces?

thanks in advance

If it’s a recent enough change, you can see it in the global change log (on any device that has accepted the delete):

“s1” here is the name of the device where the delete happened. You can also run with -audit to capture the changes without having to be there to see them in the GUI.

jb@unu:~/s/g/s/s/test $ grep somefile h2/audit-20170505-113422.log 
{"id":61,"globalID":61,"time":"2017-05-05T11:35:18.519089422+02:00",
  "type":"RemoteChangeDetected","data":{"action":"deleted",
  "folderID":"default","label":"","modifiedBy":"I6KAH76",
  "path":"/Users/jb/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/test/s2/somefile",
  "type":"file"}}

That line means the file was delete on I6KAH76, which is “s1” in this setup.

many thanks for answering me!! :slight_smile:

I will try with the -audit to see if I can get all the changes log.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.