Folder(s) fsWatcherEnabled beside RestartOnWakeup at device

Hi I just discover fsWatcherEnabled option is here since 0.14.40 to replace syncthing-inotify. I have the latest installed in my 2 linux (I don’t remember how it went here, but whatever I never configured it to make it work, although I was interested). Can I safely uninstall them?

Also, I would like to enable fsWatcherEnabled for a shared folder on the involved nodes, but previously I disabled “Restart On Wakeup” on these nodes. Please do you know if these 2 options altogether on the same node will possibly do errors?

Thank you

[EDIT] There is also a windows in the cluster. Does fsWatcherEnabled also work in Windows ?

You can. Officially the internal watcher is still experimental, but that will be changed soon(ish).

I don’t know for sure, that depends on whether the backend used by the watcher library (notify) preserves watchpoints on sleep-resume - I would assume yes, but I never tested. If you try, please write whether it worked or not.

Yes it does, it works on almost all (maybe all, already forgot) platforms.

@imsodin Sorry Simon, this is not the hurry ATM (I read about the new 45rc2 deletes ~bug~), so this is only cosmetic fsWatcher status GUI feedback

Have a good day, team

BTW, I didn’t notice any misbehaviour with these 2 settings altogether.

That string simply wasn’t translated yet when rc2 was release, rc3 has it in it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.