Folder "Documents" isn't making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s

I keep getting this error message:Folder “Documents” isn’t making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s. It is repeated over and over and over again. In the terminal session, it is associated with the following message: INFO: Puller (folder “Documents”, dir “Backup”): delete: remove /Users/XXX/Documents/Backup: directory not empty

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

you can remove /Users/XXX/Documents/Backup yourself. Since syncthing can’t delete it it just stops. Or if you don’t want that the directory is deleted, move it out of your synced folder and back in after a rescan.

If you have an exclude on one side that isn’t on the other side you will get this message.

Do you have an excluded file in that folder?

Alex’s suggestion worked, and I have not seen this error again (yet). I checked the excludes in both devices, and they are the same, so jpjp’s suggestion would not seem to account for the error in my case.

Hello,

I have the same problem as @xsyncguy. I have 2 Folders which are read only on one host. They both seem to sync just fine, folder size and number of files is the same on both machines. However the webinterface is spammed by messages like this: 20:11:09: Folder “xxxxxx” isn’t making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s. When checking 1 of the folders it shows that local and global status is identical both file count and size. But below that it tells me that half of the folder is not sychronized.

I’m using syncthing-0.10.14-amd64 Freebsd (Freenas 9.3) and I’m sycing with 0.10.17 on Ubuntu 14.04. X64 I wish I could provide logs, but syncthing doesn’t seem to generate anything.

So why is it behaving like that? How can I enable logging or where are the logs located? Why is it complaining to be out of sync when it isn’t?

Your definition of out of sync might be different of syncthings.

The file content might be the same but permissions or modification times could be different making it out of sync on metadata.

The log is printed to the console, so if you are running syncthing via some 3rd party launch script, check where it puts the logs.