fatal error: unexpected signal during runtime execution

Hello,

i’m using Syncthing for a while now on several devices and really like it. But since Update v1.1.0 I get an error on a MacBook with OSX 10.8.5. Before the update Syncthing was running fine on this machine for several months. I also got several other OSX devices running fine. I already redownloaded Syncthing and recreated the files in configuration folder ($HOME/Library/Application Support/Syncthing) but still the same error. So I hope you can help me fix this problem. Since as a new user I can not attatch files I uploaded the panic log file to google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZFOUsQuIbTSE2prFOEvgu1mDAPPs8tN/view?usp=sharing

Best regards

As far as I remember Go requires macOS > 10.10 since 1.11 and now in 1.12 Syncthing seems to actually use something that triggers the error you are encountering. Your options are:

• Update your system (recommended option).
  • Stay on a Syncthing version that still works for you.

Thanks for your help! I installed v1.0.1 and it works fine!

I’ll still have to check the other OSX machines. I’ll update my results here.

Ok all the old Macs except a 2018 Mac Book Pro with Mojave had the same problem. I downgraded all Macs with outdated OS to Syncthing 1.0.1 and disabled auto update.

Still one question: Will I have to expect to encounter compatibility problems in the future if some of the machines will get the latest Syncthing updates and others will stay on v1.0.1? Then I should probably disable auto update on all of them to ensure they can always sync. PS: My syncthing environment contains of three Linux based NAS (Qnap QTS) and several Windows/Mac clients with inhomogeneous OS versions. Thanks for your suggestions.

Inevitably yes, as I suspect the protocol will change in some undefined amount of time. It should not change in a backwards compatability breaking way without having to press “yes update to the next majore release” tho.

Thanks for your quick answers and great work!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.