Failing to load include file : how to correct path ?

Adding a new folder, I add my #include .ignorepatterrns directive into the folder options. Sadly, I make a typo, and syncthing can’t load the ignore file, I see a notification in the GUI, want to correct the line but can’t edit the ignore patterns options from the folder, it’s greyed out. So I must remove folder and re-add it with correct #include directive. Is it the way it’s meant to work ? Even pausing the folder doesn’t work, ignore patterns stay greyed out.

Related: Stop folder when loading ignores fails Behaviour will change in the next version according to PR: https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/pull/5418 Maybe a dev can check if this is a new issue or already fixed by the mentioned PR, please?

You can manually edit the .stignore file located in your folder root.

It’s not fixed or more precisely it’s not related: A failure to parse the patterns means the file content isn’t stored and passed to the web UI, so there is nothing to edit there. Anyways this seems like a legitimate enhancement, definitely worthy of being tracked on github - please open an issue there.

As to how to fixing it: We could add an optional type parameter to /rest/db/ignores which can be ignore or expanded (like the current return fields) to restrict to outputting just that, meaning no error if parsing fails for type == "ignore". Or have separate endpoints for pattern input (user facing) and parsed patterns (globbing).

Filed at #5425

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.