Drive full after trying to re-sync

/test is the path of the current folder. Previously it was /Shares/public/snyc/Acadjobs when it used to work. Then I pulled it and put it back many times with several combinations. thanks, jts

/test? Does this folder reside in the root level of your filesystem?

no. It can’t create a folder anywhere that I have tried.

No but does this folder even exist?

no this one doesn’t yet. But it exists on my PC.

Some are rw–, rw-r–r–, rwxr-xr-x, and other combinations. When I selected properties, I got a more defined table. Owner is root(0) for the syncthing folder owner R W X Group R - X Others R - X and root(0) for syncthing_home folder owner R W X group - - - others- - - All the directories in the mnt/HD/HD_a2 folders have R,W,X for owner, group, and others. I thought the admin would carry as much weight as anybody. I tried to format this more readable but it didn’t take.

Is that where your harddrive is mounted? Shouldn’t your folder path then be something like /mnt/HD/HD_a2/test ?

It may be. It worked about a year at /Shares/public/sync/Acadjobs. On my test folder, I got a message that there is “insufficient space in basic terry/test”, which is another path I tried, with the share “terry” a public unrestricted folder. I’m unsure what that means, but it hasn’t been able to create a folder anywhere yet that I can tell.

I ordered a asustore 2 bay, and when I get my current data backed up to it, I’m gonna reset the WD Mycloudex2ultra to factory defaults. Or maybe before that…

I give up on the Mycloudex2ultra. I reset it to default, system and disks/files, and reinstalled Syncthing. It was not able, once again, to create a folder or write to the disk, although I’ve made all the shares public, and given admin privileges to the Syncthing user.

I’m glad I’ve got an Asustore. It works very well, including with Syncthing. Maybe the Mycloud* can be used as a backup or something. Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.