Deletions not propagated successfully

@calmh @kluppy

Thanks for your comments.

I have done some further testing (all done using ST v0.8.4 as v0.8.6 is unstable on my devices). I have tested Android v’s 4.2.2, 4.3, 5.0, and Windows, with picture and non-picture files.

1. In all scenarios, I could not replicate the creation of 0 length files with any files other than picture files (.png, .jpg).

2. Operating System: File propagated 0 length file deleted to device created? 4.2.2 4.2.2 Yes 4.2.2 4.3 No 4.3 4.2.2 Yes 4.2.2 5.0 No 4.2.2 Windows No Windows 4.2.2 Yes

Results suggest that picture file deletions are not propagated by ST when the receiving device is Android version 4.2.2, but works for all other versions I was able to test, and for Windows. If correct, this means that ST is not currently compatible with Android version 4.2.2 (and possibly earlier versions).

1. In all cases, whenever a 0 length file is created, it is always propagated back to the original device, whatever operating system that device is running. This accounts for the 0 length files proliferating on all devices.

2. Deletions on Android 4.2.2 work perfectly well, except in the single case of picture file deletions propagated by ST.

Thanks for your help in this, I’d never have tried the right things without it. Where it leaves me I’m not sure, as you can see I have an eclectic mix of Android devices syncing through ST, and it seems now a good proportion of them are not compatible with ST!

My last post took all the spacing out of results table, I’ll try again:

1. Operating System: 4.2.2 propagated to 4.2.2 0 Len file created? Yes 4.2.2 propagated to 4.3 0 Len file created? No 4.3 propagated to 4.2.2 0 Len file created? Yes 4.2.2 propagated to 5.0 0 Len file created? No 4.2.2 propagated to Windows 0 Len file created? No Windows propagated to 4.2.2 0 Len file created? Yes

Issue opened under my Github username.

Issue 771 FYI

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.