Hi there, didnt have time back yesterday, but eventually I edited the path in the config.xml file.
I first diffed the two files the .v20 and without, and there was only this single difference really.
“Megabug” wording was of course only my personal view on this matter, obviously.
Maybe we need more best-practices documentation or documents and howtos how for users to achieve certain specific often recurring situations, as for example my situation, adding one more client, to an already existing and long-working (normal conditions) folder.
What I did , was just use a new win7 machine and run the latest client (as of yesterday) on it.
I then went into some detail area where the syncthing can and does discover other syncthing devices on the same lan, and there I didnt have to note down and manually type in all those cryptic long strings for machine names and all.
So then the new machine first became added or rather pending on this new win7 machine.
And I think, even there, right then at the new win7 machine, I think there was this error dialogbox about the path visible as well, or maybe that was a step later when I went over to the linux machine, saw the pending attempt there, added/acknowledged the new win7 machine there, and only then was the error box showing at the long-established and shared object=folder.
Then I kinda freaked out about the messy situation as I was not really first aware of what had happened, and I think, when I went back to the new win7 machine, I saw this error box show there as well, and it was really confusion.
So if you guys now discovered the reason for this bug in the source code, then I am glad (kind of ) that I had discovered this, even though the brief nightmare for me during the situation.
Thanks agan and cheers.