Creation of syncthing-enc folders without any untrusted devices

None the devices on my Syncthing have “untrusted” turned on, but I’ve got a bunch of syncthing-enc folders. I tried shutting down syncthing, deleting them, and then starting it again but to no avail. It’s a bit of an issue because there’s big files stored in there and I don’t want them all doubling up.

Also of note this is being displayed in the console (once for each syncthing-enc folder) every now and then

syncing: handling dir (setting permissions): chmod REDACTED/N.syncthing-enc: operation not permitted

The “untrusted” tickbox is only an additional precaution to prevent yourself from sharing folders other than Receive Encrypted by mistake. You can still share a mix of Receive Encrypted and other type folders without ticking the “untrusted” box.

1 Like

“Receive encrypted” is not set on any of the folders, they are all set to “Send & Receive”

This should only exist in Receive Encrypted folders. How does the content of your folder looks like? Are all folders like N.syncthing-enc or are there normal folders?

No there are normal folders and files as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.