Confused about versioning and folder types...

I am personally not so now the tinkering type. Would it be conceivable to have two types of “Ignore Delete” in parallel? A real good one and in parallel, the old one and let’s say not so good one?

[Not sure if this is the right place to continue the discussion so feel free to split the topic]

Just wanted to offer my 2¢ as a user of the feature that shall not be named. I know full well that it is messy and one day it might break or disappear but it’s a mess I feel I can deal with.

My case involves an Android device and a laptop, neither always on the same network, can always establish direct connection or always on. It Just Works™️ because Syncthing is built to handle this, conventional backup apps usually aren’t. (Yes, I could setup up a private VPN but that’s another overkill).

I do understand the concern and appreciate the discouragement but at the same time I’m glad that the feature exists.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.