Chmod if file not found

I’m using v0.11.26, Windows (64 bit).

I frequently get this output:

[4QJNC] 00:39:30 INFO: Puller (folder "BTSync", file "eclipse\\64bit\\Mars\\configuration\\org.eclipse.core.runtime\\.mainData.14"): shortcut: chmod: chmod \\?\C:\Users\Oliver\BTSync\eclipse\64bit\Mars\configuration\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.mainData.14: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
[4QJNC] 00:39:30 INFO: Puller: shortcut: chmod \\?\C:\Users\Oliver\BTSync\eclipse\64bit\Mars\configuration\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.mainData.14: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

This roughly translates in that “chmod” does not succeed, because the file is not found.

Think, it’s a timing issue again: Wild guess: The file is transferred, but then deleted on the source. Then deleted on the target and then chmod cannot be done.

The issue is that the output repeats and repeats and repeats… (Each minute). Can’t this kind of errors just disappear? If a 404 file can’t be chmodded, who cares?

We only do one thing at a time, so it’s impossible that the file is deleted by us as we are trying to chmod it. Given you are syncing some IDE configuration directory, it’s perfectly plausible that the IDE deletes the file from underneath out nose, before we are able to chmod it.

OK. Sorry, that I can’t precisely say at which version of syncthing the issue appeared. I would guess, it appeared in v0.11.26 and was ok in v0.11.25. However, I also updated Eclipse today, which could be another factor.

As I suggested, it’s most likely Eclipse deleteing the file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.