Can't sync since 0.14.17

Just as a side note: Sycnthing creates files with the target size, so they will have full size even before the first byte is synced.

1 Like

Interesting, well it definitely wasn’t a case where it was still syncing (at least not at a rate more than a couple bytes a second) because I’ve had this issue for 9 days now (since v0.14.17 was released).

I understand weakhash slows things down, but I don’t really see why it would never finish. Also from the logs you posted it looked like it was progressing fine.

Which logs? The ones from today? Because I see 117 bytes being transferred at a time, which is very small. The UI displayed 0 B/s for 9 days and would not sync. I tried removing the folders on both sides, resharing, deleting the appdata files. But it would not sync the FPSGame-WindowsNoEditor.pak file correctly. As soon as I checked the disable weak hash checkbox it synced in a few minutes. The two computers I’m testing with are on the same network.

Can you repro if you re-enable weakhashes?

My thought was that perhaps the finder kept the file open too long, but the code doesn’t really support that assertion which is my later “doubt this actually has anything to do with it”. So yeah, no idea.

Hmm weakhash also opens the file, maybe I missed something.

Yeah it was the weakhash.Finder I meant but the open/close cycle looks sound to me.

Same here, had a look now, and I can’t see anything slipping through.

The weakHasher will never be closed if any of the return statements above it are hit correct?

I see return statements within copierRoutine at lines 1126, 1135, 1145, 1151, 1165, and 1175.

Is it possible that it hit one of those and didn’t close the weakHasher?

Edit: I am going to test with one of my teamates in a bit, on a different computer that doesn’t have the weak hashing disabled. I will report back if he is having issues syncing too.

All of the return statements are within callback functions, hence do not effect exiting that specific function.

Okay, sorry I just glanced at the code.

I just wanted to confirm that my teammate also couldn’t complete the sync without checking the disableWeakHash box.

Ok can you keep it in that state, and run with STTRACE=model env var and post logs?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.