Can't sync one file

Hello. I have a minor problem with Syncthing. I’ve been using it for a while on my two Linux desktops at home without issue. Today, I set up a one-way share with my work PC which runs Windows 7. I set it to do a one way sync from the work box to my home PC so I can add it to my home backup. It’s all been fine (a couple of thousand Word documents and PDF files), apart from one file which Syncthing reports as failed. I have changed the file’s name, edited it and saved it again, and redone the sync on a new file. All versions of the changed file and the original are on my home PC though. This appears in the log at the end.

2019-09-23 15:27:57 Puller (folder , item “Notes W001691.doc”): pull: generic error

I’d love to get some advice on steps I could take to fix this.

1. Which syncthing versions do you run on your devices?
  2. In case of failed items, in the GUI, you can click on “failed items” to get a list of error messages - what are those?
  3. Screenshots from both sides might be helpful.

This is interesting,you might want to enable more logging on the providing side to see where this comes from.

Thanks for your reply.

1. v 1.22 Linux (64-bit) at home. v. 1.22 Windows (32-bit) at work.
  2. Only one failed item. Error message is in screenshot.

I will work out how to do that tomorrow and get back to you. :slight_smile:

Hi Can I upload a log here?

Sure, or a link to some pastebin that does not require clicking ads or logging in

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.