Can't get files to sync[solved]

I want to use syncthing to mirror 6 computers to one centralized location Server: running turenas with syncthings plugin inside jail I think I have this setup correctly where syncthings can access and create files on the pool. Clint’s 1-6 are all running windows 10 pro 64 and the setup for each computer will be the same. Windows 10: syncthing is ran with task scheduler set to run at system startup using dedicated username syncthing that has been setup with administrator permissions. 2 folders are being synced. Folders are set to share with server as send only (I don’t want the files on computer to be modified only duplicated) server I have set as receive only. When on server dashboard the folder show up as out of sync and appear to try and sync( shows syncing 0% then quickly switched back to out of sync) I’m running the windows machines on wifi 5g server is hardwired. Folder size is about 100-200 mb each file is only a few kb-mb in size. Any help on what I may have done wrong would be aperciated

In the log file on server side I see 2020-12-18 08:13:09 Puller (folder “Log Files” (jvi2k-ygszx), item “(3AKJGBDV4LDMG7309) 12-17-2020 1727.40.DrumrollLog”): syncing: setting perms on temp file: chmod /Drumroll/Log Files/.syncthing.(3AKJGBDV4LDMG7309) 12-17-2020 1727.40.DrumrollLog.tmp: operation not permitted for each file and 2020-12-18 08:13:09 “Log Files” (jvi2k-ygszx): Failed to sync 538 items 2020-12-18 08:13:09 Folder “Log Files” (jvi2k-ygszx) isn’t making sync progress - retrying in 16m6s. at end of log

this was solved by my self. The username and group for the jail on the truenas side was not setup correctly. i deleted the user and group used by syncthing plugin and recreated them and resetup share permissions on server side. syncthings immediately started copying files over to the server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.