Cannot share dirs between Syncthing v0.10.12 running on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE & v0.10.21 running on OS X 10.10.2

I have Syncthing v0.10.12 running on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE and Syncthing v0.10.21 running on OS X 10.10.2. While I can share the Sync folder from OS X with FreeBSD, I cannot share the Sync folder the other way, from FreeBSD to OS X. I keep getting Unexpected folder ID “Sync” sent from device “OS X”; ensure that the folder exists and that this device is selected under “Share With” in the folder configuration.

This is the OS X Syncthing GUI:

And this is the FreeBSD Syncthing GUI:

I tried running v0.10.12 on OS X but it automatically upgrades to v0.10.21, there is no opt out.

I can’t select the OS X device in the Share With Devices configuration for the Sync dir on FreeBSD. I can’t select the dir to share when adding OS X as a new device on FreeBSD Syncthing either.

For those having the same issue, manually running Syncthing v0.10.21 on FreeBSD fixed this problem.

I don’t understand why you couldn’t share though?

It’s just an option in the ui.

Syncthing v0.10.12

Why do you want to run this old version?

Clicking the checkbox for that host didn’t do anything. Weird, I know.

That’s the version coming via pkg.

If you restarted syncthing after you open the UI, it might become read only as the session cookie is no longer valid. We still allow gets but not posts.