can Syncthing work just on one system

Question::

Can I setup Syncthing on one system only and sync between directories?

I have only one system[Linux] with two mounted NAS units… and two USB drives attached…

I would like to sync directories from the NAS units to the USB ones…

Is this possible?

Thanks…

Sonarshack

Yeah. AFAIK you only need to run two copies of syncthing on your machine.

Bummer…

[monitor] 17:19:53 INFO: Starting syncthing . . [QH33I] 17:19:58 FATAL: Cannot open database: resource temporarily unavailable - Is another copy of Syncthing already running? [monitor] 17:19:58 INFO: Syncthing exited: exit status 1 [monitor] 17:19:59 WARNING: 4 restarts in 24.82342485s; not retrying further

Wouldn’t a rsync-script with a cron-job be more efficient on just one system?

I currently use rsync… I saw this software described on YouTube and thought I would give it a try :smile:

Use the -home flag to set another database location for the second copy. syncthing -help ist your friend. :slight_smile: But maybe rsync or something fits better here…

Two instances with separate -home dirs should work here, although you’ll need to point one of them to the actual address (127.0.0.1:22xxx) as local discovery will not work within the same host.

Something like unison is probably far more efficient though. :slight_smile: It’s a much easier problem to solve, syncing two directories that are both accessible to the same program, so about 90% or so of the work Syncthing does is unnecessary here.