BUG: LibreOffice Writer conflicts without cause

What happened

When working with a LibreOffice Writer document (.odt) for a longer time, multiple conflicts appear. I am certain there nobody is changing these files on the other machines.

What I expected

If I edit a file on one machine only, it should not be possible to get a conflict on it, no matter the program.

How to reproduce

Create a writer document (.odt) Use it for a time (keeping it open): Edit, write new stuff, delete old stuff etc. Save after every change.

Notes

I cannot reproduce this behaviour on linux systems. Neither does it happen with any other file type.

Version Information

Syncthing Version: v1.1.0 OS Version: Windows 7

Update

I have had a look at which machine creates the conflicts. It is the same machine that I edited them on. Which, if I understand it correctly, means it has a conflict with itself?

I’d say that’s physically impossible because it’s not how conflict detection works in Syncthing, but you never know…

Doesn’t sound to likely to me either. Next time this happens (it is not reliable either) I’ll try to collect the logs of all participating machines and see if I can pinpoint something.

Any other tips on how to investigate this?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.