Automatic upgrade issue with renaming. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Hello,

On my work computer, I get this error message:

2017-08-14 12:04:27: Automatic upgrade: rename \Documents\MyData\Software\syncthing-windows-amd64-v0.14.29\syncthing-windows-amd64-v0.14.29\syncthing.exe.exe \Documents\MyData\Software\syncthing-windows-amd64-v0.14.29\syncthing-windows-amd64-v0.14.29\syncthing.exe.exe.old: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

This has happened before and only happens on my work computer but not on my personal laptop. The last time it happened, I had to install the latest version of syncthing and the reconnect it.

I had posted this on the github bug report forum and was told that this is likely an antivirus issue. How can I get around so I don’t have to do the whole reinstall, reconnect thing everytime?

Version Information

Syncthing Version: v0.14.29 OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise Browser Version: Google Chrome

Thanks in advance for any help!

Probably antivirus.

Is there a way that I can do a manual update without having to reinstall and reconnect my sync folders?

Sure. Replace your syncthing.exe with a newer version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.