Auto pair new devices

I found a somewhat similar question here but I would like some confirmation:

I’ve been using SyncThing for a while now, but I have a new use case. I want to deploy small devices that will one-way sync (send) their files to a central server/pc and not to each other. I would like a way of easily deploying these devices. They are just Raspberry Pis with all files and settings on an SD card. I want to simply make copies of these from a master SD card that has been properly configured. I currently use a DropBox script with a common share but each device has its own unique directory in that share and sync is one-way so they’ll never clash. While this works, it’s clunky, slow and inefficient.

So my questions are:

1. What is the easiest way to deploy these devices using SyncThing with a minimum of manual configuration? Is it even possible to do so (semi-)automatically?
  2. How to I make sure they don’t clobber each others’ files on the server? Is there a better strategy than the one I’m using now (unique folders)?
  3. How do I make sure that Device IDs don’t clash either? Or is this not a problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.