Android synthing (v1.18.0) doesn't find my other devices

Hi, I’m using syncthing to keep a copy of photos and media on the phone synced with my desktop. It was working until 16th of June (according to the last files transferred), then it stopped. The app can still access the files as far as I can tell, but it lists all the other devices as “Disconnected”, and never finds them.

It’s a Pixel 4a with the current Android 11.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Are you using the latest version on all devices?
Are your phone and desktop in the same network (e.g. WLAN)?
Can you ping the phone from the desktop?

1 Like

Global discovery enabled?

1 Like

The desktop I’m trying to sync with is v1.0.0-ds1, Linux (64 bit) “Erbium Earthworm” on Debian 10 Buster. There’s also a raspberry pi that is v0.14.18-dfsg1, Linux (ARM) “Dysprosium Dragonfly” which it can’t see either, but the desktop and RPi communicate fine. They are all on the same wifi, and syncing also used to work over remote connections when I enabled that on my phone. Neither option works now. And I have global discovery enabled.

I suspect something updated automatically last month, and it broke. Because I hadn’t changed anything when it stopped working.

Update those, these versions are ancient. The raspberry version has a known bug that can cause crashing when syncing to newer clients. And generally a lot has changed (to the better :slight_smile: ) since: apt.syncthing.net

1 Like

Hooray! It’s fixed. Thanks for pointing me to the syncthing repository.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.