Android : restore config from backup

Hello,

Recently I wiped my phone and went from CyanogenMod 12 to LineageOS 14.1 I made a complete backup of my previous system.

I wish to recover my syncthing config (I set up a lot of shared folders) from my backup, is it possible to do so ?

After installing syncthing, I tried to replace /data/data/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/ with the old one, however when I launch syncthing, it greets me like it’s the first time I open it, then it crashes.

thanks four your help

It’s most likely permission issues, the config files you paste are owned by you and not the app.

1 Like

I tried to change owner and group (u0_a154:u0_a154) recursively but nothing better. Syncthing begin to create keys and then immediately crash.

Are you sure you’re putting the files in the right location? They should be in the files subfolder. Alternatively, you can use the import functionality.

1 Like

Actually I replaced the whole /data/data/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/ folder.

I’ll try again be copying only the files/ folder within.

Finally I used the import functionality. I put the content of com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/files/ in backups/sincthing/ and now everything is up and running again.

Thanks a lot for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.