After adding a device ID to config.xml how can I share a folder by editing config.xml?

After adding a device ID to config.xml how can I share a folder by editing config.xml?

So I figured out how to add a Device ID to config.xml and it shows up in the terminal output.

But I also want to share a folder from device A to device B by editing the config.xml file on device A. It’s reached by SSH so I don’t have a GUI.

How should the config.xml folder element look like to make me receive a request on device B that device A wants to share a folder with me (the usual behaviour)?

The config structure is explained in the docs I believe.

I’ve read through the man file already but I wasn’t able to interpret it. I was able to connect with the other device following the instructions in the documentation but I was NOT able to add a folder using config.xml in a way that made a sharing request show up on the receiving advice. Little help please?

Add the device to the folder: https://docs.syncthing.net/users/config.html#folder-element

Ah, ok and what should I set the Folder ID as?

I suggest familiarizing yourself with Syncthing so that you understand the concepts before hand editing the config file. Using the GUI to do initial setup and observing how that is represented in the config is a good way. The getting started guide describes getting a simple two device setup up and running.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.