I store my pictures on device A in a r/w folder.
I edit them in selected subdirs on device B.
I used to sync all fine the selected subdirs this way (until the following issue arose in 0.14.46-rc1):
Device A: no ignores
Device B ignores sample:
!201508 05-23 Holidays !201511 08 Some place !201506 06 Other* 2015/* !2015 !201008 Elsewhere 2010/* !2010 *
Tonight I added the line
!201008 Elsewhere. Within seconds, subdir
201008 Elsewhere was deleted from within
2010 on A. B shows 1 item (2010) syncing 95% 0B at device A level.
2010 was not even created on B, and B shows matching Out of Sync at folder level (1 failed item
2010 not empty - in A my other subdirs in
2010 are still there). I could restore thanks to .stversions on A